UIF services hundreds of former teacher assistants in Capricorn North and Mopani East Districts of Limpopo Province during outreach
The Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF), an entity of the Department of Employment and Labour, has processed and approved 449 claims from former Teacher Assistants who were employed under the Capricorn North and Mopani East Districts of Limpopo Province.
A specialised team was dispatched to service them respectively at the Limpopo Department of Education’s Capricorn North district offices and Sebelaolo Primary School in the Mopani East District.
The Unemployment Insurance Fund Unit in Limpopo Province embarked on an outreach campaign to finalise the payment of former Teachers Assistants(TA) in the Capricorn and Mopani Districts.
The education assistants were employed under the Presidential Youth Employment Initiative (PYEI), a programme implemented as part of the Basic Education Employment Initiative (BEEI) in South Africa.
Assistant Director Employer Services Mashudu Nyase said the Fund saw it fit to develop an initiative that will reach out to a pool of former TA’s in the province as number of them had challenges with their applications due to not being registered and declared for UIF benefits
“Most of the long queues at the labour centres are as a result of non declarations and non-compliant employers, hence they are working with the Department of Education so that they can easily declare former Teachers Assistants on the spot,” she explained
The services are expected to roll out between November 20 to 24 in the areas and expand to Waterberg and Vhembe districts in Limpopo.
The campaign is part of an ongoing “Taking Services to the People” outreach programme which aims to take services closer to where people reside and ensure that services of the Department and its entities are accessible and cost-free for clients.
As such the UIF will continue with processing and approving claims in the various Districts of Limpopo province as per the details below:
- 20-22 November 2023: Bochum East; Bochum West and; Maleboho East circuits at the Helen Franz Special School in Bochum .
- 23-24 November 2023: Maleboho Central and Maleboho West circuits at the Helen Franz Special School in Bochum .
- 20-24 November 2023: Palala North Circuit at the Palala North Circuit Office in Lephalale
- 20-24 November 2023: Palala South Circuit at the Palala South Circuit Office in Lephalale
- 20-21 November 2023: Mamaila and Molototsi circuits at the Mamaila Circuit Office in Tzaneen
- 20-24 November 2023: Modjadji and Rakwadu 1 circuits at the Senopelwa Primary School in Tzaneen
- 20-21 November 2023: Malamulele Central and Malamulele West circuit at the Malamulele Central Hall next to the New Era Private School in Giyani .
- 22-24 November 2023: Malamulele North, East and South circuits at the Salema EPC Church in Giyani .
Clients who wish to apply for benefits are urged to bring along their identity or Passport documents, a fully charged smartphone with data, a black pen and proof of valid banking details.
To increase the employment prospects of the former Teacher Assistants, the Department of Employment and Labour’s Public Employment Services (PES) branch will be on-site to register the CVs of unemployed clients on the Employment Services of South Africa (ESSA) system which is available on https://essa.labour.gov.za/EssaOnline/WebBeans/ for future employment opportunities. This service will be a standard feature throughout the campaign.